About Us

The Iowa Alpha chapter was founded on April 27th, 1867 and was originally located on the hill off Dubuque Street. The chapter structure was moved to its current location, 363 N. Riverside Drive, under the direction of Iowa’s only Heisman, Nile Kinnick. While at this location, the membership greatly fluctuated twice after two house fires, once to under ten members. From these events, the ideals of the chapter were realized and resulted in one of the largest chapters on the University of Iowa campus today. Many successful men attribute their achievements later in life to their time at the Iowa chapter of Phi Kappa Psi.

newsletter-txt